Great Salt Lake discourages out of water boat repair by individuals due to the fact that the marina does not have the facilities for major boat repair.
Boat owners who wish to perform repairs or maintenance work out of the water must have their rental account current.
1. All out-of-water boat repairs must be authorized by the Harbor Master or Park Manager. Boat owners must detail the work to be performed.
2. No repairs will be authorized that cause a disturbance to the public, orderly operation of the marina, or release hazardous materials to the environment.
3. You must have a valid lease while performing the work.
4. The only approved work sites for overnight storage are the Secured or Unsecured Dry Storage area. No repairs to vessels will be allowed in the parking lot. No overnight repairs will be allowed in the day trailer parking area.
5. Boat owners are responsible for complying with all Federal, State, and Local regulations regarding the work they wish to perform. This includes but is not limited to the following:
a. All particulate emissions from bottom work must be collected and disposed of properly.
b. No hazardous chemicals are to be released within the marina. This includes dumping hazardous materials into garbage receptacles or down sewer system.
c. Boat owners are responsible for ensuring the work is performed in a safe manner.
d. Boats out of the water must be secured to prevent damage to property within the marina. The boat owner will be personally responsible for any damage to their own property or the property of others that occurs because their boat wa not sufficiently secured against high winds.
e. The Marina is not responsible for the security of vessels outside of the dry storage area.
6. If work to be done will require the boat to be out overnight, the mast must be dropped and secured. No boats will be allowed to be stored with masts up except for a short duration during one day.
7. Boats out of the water must be secured to prevent damage to property within the marina. The boat owner will be personally responsible for any damage to their own property or the property of others that occurs because their boat was not sufficiently secured against high wind.
8. Failure to comply with the provisions of this policy may result in the boat being moved from the marina at the owners expense. The Marina will not take this action without first attempting to notify the boat owner of the breach and allowing a reasonable time for the owner to correct the problem.